MUSEUMS are at the heart of contemporary societies; representatives of history, culture, skill, arts and much more.
Founded in 2014, ‘MUSEUMS of AHMEDABAD’ is a public interest initiative. We believe that museums are the ideal experiential learning spaces; our work therefore focuses on creating museum culture as part of social fabric of the society. The program focuses in the direction of management of a museum, organising its collections, research and documentation, specialised archival standards, branding and promotion, strategic and professional organisation as per international standards. We collect and compile information of the museums and private collectors, connect the museums with collectors and vice-versa. We provide consultation to museums, collectors, educational institutions and organisations. We assist public-private partnerships to fulfill the program objectives
“aadhar is promoting partner besides offering monetary support to various activities of this program”
- To collect and compile information of the museums and private collectors.
- To popularise Museum Culture in Ahmedabad.
- To connect the museums / collectors.
- To facilitate to make Museums vibrant learning spaces.
- To initiate and facilitate public-private partnerships to fulfill the program objectives.
- Research and Documentation of Museums.
- Information about Museums.
- Facilitation to organise visits events with museums.
- Museum Map.
- Consultation to museums / private collectors meant for brand building, promotion, revenue generation, publication, and souvenir.
- Design and implement programs at the Museums & online.
31 May 2022
- Gujarat Vidhyapith Campus, Nr. Income Tax Office, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad - 380014, Gujarat, INDIALocation
18 May 2022
- Youtube LiveLocation
16 Apr 2022
- L D MuseumLocation
Ms Avani Varia co-authored for an International Conference Paper – ‘Experience Economy and Museum Development in India’ case study of Sanskar Kendra. Museum Environments: Challenges and Opportunities conference, 14th – 15th December 2021, Cairo, EGYPT.
During the time of pandemic when the museums were struggling with no visitors we started the ONLINE PROGRAM INSTA-LIVE at the MUSEUM. These programs are specially designed after Covid19 pandemic. Check IGTV
We curated and organised experiential events / workshops for INDIA HERITAGE WEEK FESTIVAL in the year 2020 and 2021 for special needs people and underprivileged children.
The collaborations and partnerships to orgnaise such programs / events / workshops are continued in collaboration with local museums, educational and tourism allied organisations.
International Museum Day 2017, a MAP of Museums of Ahmedabad Launch was done by Padma Shri Kartikeya Sarabhai at Navajivan Trust in Ahmedabad.
18 May 2016 – FIRST ALL MUSEUM Meet
- Program success was when all the Museums came together to share about their Museums at the First all Museums meeting.
- Meetings with the staff/team of all the Museums of Ahmedabad is regularly organised where museum teams participate with great enthusiasm.
TV program at a local television channel on occasion of the International Museum Day – 19 May 2016, 6 to 6.30 pm, DD Girnar (Prof. Ratan Parimoo & Ms Avani Varia)
We represent all the Museums of Ahmedabad at MUSEUM WEEK, the first worldwide cultural event on social networks, powered by UNESCO. We were among the only 3 participants from India for Museum Week in year 2015.
Year 2021 Museum Week team recognised and interviewed founder of the program video link
Team started celebrating International Museum Day from 2015 onwards annually with organising various online and in-person programs 18 May every year.
Along with above under leadership of Avani Varia, curated bespoke programs were organised at and with Museums.
Officially the “Museums of Amdavad” initiative was launched on the International Museum Day , 18 May 2014 from Ahmedabad.
Research and documentation of museums in Ahmedabad city started by a group of volunteers.
Strategic online promotion; representing Museums of Ahmedabad started at national & international programs.
Short documentary that gave birth to this program – This project was executed by students of Graphic Design subject at Varia Design studio from Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. It was a 2 days film making project initiated with #yesiamthechange workshop at the studio. The project is mentored by Ms Avani Varia. FILM LINK